I had a friend of mine ask me to share my fried chicken recipe, by special request. So, with a little twisting of my arm here is a bangin' fried chicken recipe that I will guarantee will have all your friends & family doing back flips! So for all you chicken lovers out fire up your frying pans and give this recipe a try. Let me know what you think. If you have any favorite dishes you want me to post a recipe on please feel free to drop me a line.
Chef Kahlil's Famous Fried Chicken
Makes about 8 servings
5lb bag of party wings or whole chicken quartered
2 1/4 Each Eggs
4 1/2 Cups Vegetable Shortening or Canola Oil
2 1/4 Cups Sifted Flour
3/4 Tablespoon Paprika
1 1/2 Tablespoons Garlic Salt
1 1/2 Teaspoons Onion Salt
3/4 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
3/4 Teaspoon Dried Rubbed Sage
3/8 Teaspoon Dried Powdered Rosemary
3/8 Teaspoon Dried Powdered Thyme
3/4 Teaspoon Dried Parsley
3/4 Teaspoon Adobo
3/4 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
4 1/2 Cups Milk
1. Thoroughly wash the party pieces and reserve on cheese cloth to dry.
2. Prepare a breading station by combining dry spices and herbs in a small bowl and reserve.
3. In a separate bowl combine the two eggs with the milk and wisk, reserve. This recipe requires that you dip the chicken in the flour twice. First dip the chicken in the milk and egg mixture and then into the flour. Repeat, then reserve the chicken.
4. Using a large cast iron pan with high sides that is suitable for frying, (You may also use a small deep fat fryer, like a Fry Daddy) fill the pan until it is almost half filled with the Vegetable shortening or if you aren't allergic peanut oil.
5. Heat the pan over medium high while your coating the chicken. If you are using a fry daddy or tabletop fryer temperature on fryer should be turned on to 360 degrees. Place 6 - 10 pieces of the party wings into the pan and let them cook for 5 to 7minutes, flip the chicken over and cook another 4 - 7 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Remove the chicken and enjoy! Please post feedback pictures or video on my youtube page http://www.youtube.com/wychexkg
"Making Your Culinary Wishes A Reality",
Executive Chef/President, Catering To Your Whims
Executive Chef/VP, Abundant Harvest Catering
Viewer Contestant,The 16 Week Challenge TV Show
Voice 1.866.374.7131 or 856.383.8600
MySpace - www.myspace.com/chefkahlil
Facebook - Facebook me!
LinkedIn - www.linkedin.com/in/chefkahlil
Twitter - http://twitter.com/chefkahlil
BrainTrust - http://thebraintrust.ning.com/profile/KAHLILWYCHESR
Blog - http://chefkahlils.blogspot.com/
- PS - Don't Keep Me A Secret